Not all emerging markets are the same but most will be affected by the rise of interest rates in the United States. But it will only be a temporary worry because history shows it is only the third or forth increase in interest rates that one really has to worry.
The first rate increase hurts, the second rate increase hurts but the markets usually recovers. I would suspect emerging markets including India will be affected when they raise interest rates in December but there will be a recovery. After that be very worried about 2017 and 2018. (iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index ETF (EEM), WisdomTree India Earnings Fund ETF (EPI))
Jim Rogers is a legendary investor that co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age thirty-seven. He is the author of several investing books and also a renowned financial commentator worldwide famous for his contrarian views on financial markets.
- ► 2017 (142)
- Emerging Markets Will Suffer
- The Fed Will Raise Rates After The Election
- The U.S. Stock Market May Turn Into A Bubble
- Markets: Russia Is Cheap
- Alternative Energy Is Not Competitive
- Crude Oil Prices Will Be Much Higher In 2 or 3 Yea...
- Emerging Markets: Some Are Great, Some Are A Disas...
- China: I Am Bullish About These Sectors
- China: The Companies That Deal With The West Are G...
- Markets: Opportunity And Crisis Are The Same Thing...
- World Economy: Something Is Wrong
- Markets: A Recession Is About To Hit
- The U.S. Stock Market Is Tricking Everybody
- ▼ August (13)
- ► 2015 (298)