Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Why I Started Investing In Russia

Exchange traded funds that trade in New York, Market Vector Russia ETF Trust (RSX), is the one that pops to mind. I actually own more shares than I do exchange traded funds but yes, it is a great way to play Russia.

One reason I invested in Russia, I have been bearish for 47 years, been negative on Putin for 15 years. But Russia has changed dramatically in the last 2 or 3 years and that is way I started investing in Russia.

Putin understands capitalism, that he can`t just take money away from people, that he can`t just put them in jail, that he has to play by the rules. And the Russians are starting to play by the rules in the financial markets.

Jim Rogers is a legendary investor that co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age thirty-seven. He is the author of several investing books and also a renowned financial commentator worldwide famous for his contrarian views on financial markets.

Blog Archive