As you know, normally when prices go up, they go up too high and turns into bubbles and hysteria and when they go down, panic and fear sets in and markets overreact to the downside.
It looks to me that we are going to have an overreaction in many markets on the downside. How low can Crude Oil go? I think I have said 32 dollars a barrel last time. But who knows? If the kind of panic that we see now sets in, you pick the bottom. I do not know. I am not smart enough. People talk about 20 dollars a barrel. Why not in a serious panic? That is not my prediction but it is what some people are saying and in a serious panic everything overshoots on the downside.
Jim Rogers is a legendary investor that co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age thirty-seven. He is the author of several investing books and also a renowned financial commentator worldwide famous for his contrarian views on financial markets.
- Investing: Agriculture Stocks, Sugar
- Markets: "It is going to be worse than 2008"
- Since When Is Inflation Good For The World?
- The Federal Reserve Will Try To Come To Our Rescue...
- Investing: "I Am Not Short U.S. Treasuries"
- Markets: Long China, Long U.S. Dollars & Short U.S...
- Bankruptcies in China Will Scare A Lot Of People
- Global Markets: "I Am Worried About The World"
- Markets: Better To Watch Than To Own
- Markets: "I Am Short These Stocks"
- Some Parts Of The Chinese Economy Are Going To Do ...
- In A Serious Panic, Crude Oil May Hit 20 Dollars
- Markets: Everything Is Going To Get Smashed
- Markets: My Shorts Positions Are Bigger Than My Lo...
- Long China, Short Junk Bonds & Tech Stocks
- Markets: The Problems Are Now Hitting Us And Its G...
- Markets: It Does Not Look Good
- China Is My Largest Long Position
- Crude Oil: How To Look For A Bottom In Prices
- Global Markets: Watching, Looking For Opportunitie...
- Many Reasons For The Global Sell Off
- Why I Started Investing In Russia
- Investing: Russia, Oil Producing Countries
- Russia: Some Stocks Are Near All-Time Highs
- ▼ January (24)
- ► 2015 (298)