Agriculture has been a horrible business for over 30 years. The average age of farmers in Amrica is 58 years old, in Japan its 66. I could go on and on with horrible statistics about people dying, getting out of the business, committing suicide.
More people in America study Public Relations than study Agriculture. So, we are going to have a crisis in Agriculture soon unless something happens. If the prices of food do not go up we are not going to have any food at any price. I am very optimistic about agriculture in the next decade or two.
Related ETFs: PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (DBA), iPath Bloomberg Cotton Subindex Total Return SM Index ETN (BAL)
Jim Rogers is a legendary investor that co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age thirty-seven. He is the author of several investing books and also a renowned financial commentator worldwide famous for his contrarian views on financial markets.
- ► 2017 (131)
- ► 2016 (223)
- Stock Market: Long China & Short U.S.
- Commodity Producers: The Cure For Low Prices Is Lo...
- The Main Problem Is That America Has Got Staggerin...
- One Reason The U.S. Economy Cannot Grow
- The Reason The Market Is Going Up
- Markets: Who Cares If Its Up 0.25%?
- Low Artificial Interest Rates Are Going To Be Very...
- A Crisis Would Be Bullish For Gold
- The U.S. Dollar Will Get Overpriced
- Agriculture Is In The Process Of Turning
- Crude Oil: Supply Will Be Cut Back
- Gold Will Probably Go Under 1,000 USD/Ounce
- Agriculture: I Am Very Optimistic For The Next Dec...
- Crude Oil: This Will Be A Great Opportunity
- Crude Oil: How Low Can It Really Go?
- Crude Oil: There Will Be Wonderful Opportunities
- Where To Invest: Chinese Tourism
- China: Investing In Pollution Control
- Precious Metals: Where I Might Start Buying
- Energy Prices: Making A Bottom
- Emerging Markets: Kazakhstan
- ▼ December (21)